Main Update Highlights from entire month of June, 2013
- PDO signs $40m Deal with Local Contractor Al Baraka Oilfield Services.
- Oman invites bids for electrical substation contract ‐ Work will involve building 220kV substation
in the northeastern town of Izki.
- Petrofac wins Oman operations and maintenance contract ‐ Contractor to manage commission
of two new production assets for Oman Oil Company.
- OOC forms JV for mega crude storage facility ‐ Oman Oil Company and its subsidiary Takamul
Investment Company have formed a joint venture firm. Oman Tank Terminal Company (OTTCO) ‐ to
build, own and operate upto 200 million barrel oil terminal, which is going to be the largest crude
storage terminal in the Middle East region.
- Terminal expansion project at Sohar ‐ Agreement signed to develop a new 70‐hectare container
terminal. Marking an important milestone for the further recognition as cargo gateway for Oman and
the GCC, Port of Sohar signed a development agreement with Hutchinson Whampoa, an internationally
reputed independent container terminal operator, for establishing a new 70 hectares container terminal
for Oman International Container Terminal.
- Khazzan gas project moves forward ‐ BP agrees a retail gas price with the Muscat government
for the scheme.
- Developer agrees partial share of Sohar Power Company ‐ GDF Suez still maintains majority
share in independent water and power project.