Oil and Gas Market Update for covering entire month of September 2013
- Iraq to exceed 2013 oil production target ‐ Al‐Shahristani confident production can reach 3.7
million barrels a day.
- Iraqi Kurdistan plans new national oil company ‐ Proposals for new Kurdistan National Oil
Company to be considered by new parliament.
- Iraq finalising tender of Jordan oil pipeline ‐ Tender expected to be issued in September for
estimated $10bn Jordan pipeline.
- Iraq awards four drilling contracts worth nearly $350m ‐ US’ Weatherford and Chinese firms win
deal for 39 oil wells.
- Iraq sets out $360bn spending plan for next five years ‐ National Development Plan sets
priorities for the Iraqi government up to 2017.
- UAE developers sign deal for Iraqi housing project ‐ Scheme involves the construction of 30,000