Updates from July, 2013
• JGC sole bidder on Bahrain diesel plant consultancy tender – Bahrain Petroleum Company plans to shut down low sulphur diesel complex for maintenance turnaround.
• Bahrain industrial park approves 16 schemes – Bahrain International Investment Park gives greenlight to new projects in first half of 2013.
• Regional investment supports Bahrain Bay – International investors take wait and see approach.
• Four contractors bid to build Bahrain airport navigation building – Contract covers construction of air navigation building.
• Consultants vie for Bahrain-Saudi Arabia rail link study – Planned railway linking Bahrain and Saudi Arabia to run parallel to King Fahd causeway.
• Bids submitted for Bahrain airport expansion masterplan – Six companies vie for Bahrain airport contract.
• Foulath shelves Bahrain steel mill conversion – Financial issues see estimated $400m rebar mill and mini-mill project put on hold.
• Bahrain’s state-owned Bapco is currently offering a fresh 40,000-60,000t cargo of jet fuel for 28-31 August loading, which it expects to sell this week. Bapco sold a 60,000t (473,000 bl) jet fuel cargo for
6 | 11
22-25 July loading from its 262,000 b/d Sitra refinery at a premium slightly below $2.20/bl to Mopag on a fob basis. The company had offered a 40,000-60,000t cargo for end-July in the previous week but withdrew from the market as the offers were lower than what it targeted. The lower premium reflected a weakening market, with Bapco last selling a long-range cargo of about 60,000t three weeks earlier at about Mopag +$2.35/bl on a fob basis.