Update Insights from July, 2013
• Kuwait discovers new oil field – New discovery near existing Minagish field.
• Landmark Kuwait power deal unlikely until late August – Al-Zour North project has still not reached financial close despite being awarded in January.
• Contractors prepare bids for $576m Kuwait contracts – Firms bidding to build two court complexes.
• Aecom wins Kuwait port access contract – US firm to oversee feasibility study at Bubiyan Island.
• Kuwait further extends deadline for Doha Link bridge – Consortiums now have until 13 August to submit bids for the project.
• Contractors prepare bids for $385m Kuwait hospital project – Firms bidding to build 600-bed healthcare facility.
• Kuwait extends tender closing date for $910m Kuwait hospital – Kuwait hospital’s bid submission deadline pushed back to 28 July.
• Kuwait tenders major oil pipeline deal – More than 10 local firms prequalified to bid.
• Kuwait’s state-owned KPC possibly sold 24,000t of light naphtha for end-July loading at a premium at the high-$20/t level to Mopag, although this could not be confirmed. KPC previously awarded a similar light naphtha cargo for 29-30 June loading, possibly at a premium just above $30/t to Mopag.