Oil and Gas Market Update for covering entire month of September 2013
- Dubai to build new crude refinery – Dubai signs up with China Sonangol Group to build local refinery.
- Alstom wins Shuqaiq turbine deal ‐ Turbine equipment will be supplied to South Korea’s Hyundai Heavy
- Habtoor‐Drake tie‐up wins $109m contract for Dubai project ‐ Habtoor‐Drake tie‐up to perform
mechanical, electrical, and plumbing for Al‐Habtoor City project.
- UAE gives $100m for Morocco renewable energy projects ‐ Country has alternative energy
target of 42 per cent by 2020.
- Dubai plans refinery with Angolan‐Chinese partners ‐ Memorandum of Understanding signed
with Hong Kong joint venture of Sonangol.
- Dubai prepares to tender World Trade Centre re‐development ‐ Project stalled in late 2008.
- Abu Dhabi set to award major hospital construction contracts ‐ Abu Dhabi set to award major
hospital construction contracts.
- Hakkasan to open luxury hotel on Palm Jumeirah ‐ The Palm Jumeirah venture will be
Hakkasan’s first hotel project.
- Arabtec and Samsung form joint venture company ‐ Arabtec and Samsung Engineering
announced plans to form new company in April.
- Megaprojects struggle to take shape in Ras al‐Khaimah ‐ Real Madrid football‐themed tourism
scheme latest to face obstacles in the emirate.
- Depa wins $156m contract in Abu Dhabi ‐ Dubai interior firm to perform fit‐out works for
- Abu Dhabi to invest $54m to expand paper mill ‐ New machinery from Metso to boost capacity
to 90,000 tonnes a year.
- Platts Survey announces OPEC pumps 30.28 million barrels of crude oil per day in August.
- Contractors submit bids for Al‐Ain grand mosque ‐ At least six groups competing for Al‐Ain grand
mosque construction contract.
- Emirates Aluminium phase two smelter starts production ‐ Abu Dhabi producer eyes possible
phase three smelter expansion and downstream production units.
- Brasil Foods to build $145m processing complex in Abu Dhabi ‐ South American group to process
meat and bread‐based products at Kizad free zone.
- Enec receives first shipment of nuclear‐grade steel from Emirates Steel ‐ More than $1bn
awarded to over 200 local companies on development of Abu Dhabi nuclear plant.
- Abu Dhabi resurrects Ruwais aromatics complex with key award ‐ US engineering group CH2M
Hill award engineering and design on Chemaweyaat’s Tacaamol project.
- Abu Dhabi diversification leaps forward with key chemicals and metal awards ‐ Aromatics
chemicals complex and alumina refinery signal progress for Abu Dhabi’s industrial megaprojects.
- Abu Dhabi awards feasibility study contracts on alumina refinery ‐ Bechtel, Petrofac, Hatch,
Outotec and Rio Tinto Alcan pick up work on proposed minerals plant.
- Farabi Petrochemicals decides product mix for Jizan plant ‐ Proposed new facility will produce
similar chemicals to sister plant at Jubail.
- Middle East Base Oil prices reflect marginal changes.
- Shale gas, oil reshape world energy landscape ‐ Thanks to the sudden abundance of cheap
natural gas, American electricity suppliers are shunning domestic coal.
- Gulf Keystone to ramp up Kurdish oil output.
- Saudi crude output, exports rise ‐ Exports in the world’s largest exporter of crude rose 2.1 per
cent during July.