Updates from July, 2013
• DNO begins output from horizontal well in Iraqi Kurdistan – The Norwegian contractor starts production at Tawke well.
• Chinese firm wins $546m Iraq oil service contract – State-owned Chinese firm will increase production at Halfaya oil field.
• DPS Global wins Iraq water injection deal – Contract covers effluent water treatment and injection plant at Bai Hassan oil field.
• Daewoo wins $750m Iraq gas contract – South Korean firm approved for Akkas field gas processing facilities.
• Contractors submit technical bids for Iraq oil storage facility – Seven firms awaiting commercial deadline for major oil storage facility construction deal.
• The Federal Government of Iraq has announced that Lukoil has planned to double its investments in oil projects in the country – The Russian energy company expects commercial production to begin at the West Qurna-2 oilfield onshore Basra, situated in southern Iraq, in early 2014. Earlier this year, the company said that it would invest US$4bn in the West Qurna-2, which has reserves estimated at 12.9bn barrels.