Oil and Gas Market Update for covering entire month of September 2013
- Oman: Power station ‐ Engineering, procurement and construction of a power station.
- Contractor in front for Oman’s Wave Kempinski ‐ New hotel will be built near Muscat.
- Oman floats new tenders for road projects ‐ Contracts estimated to be worth a total of $100m.
- Oman: Garden maintenance and irrigation works ‐ Carrying out maintenance and irrigation of gardens.
- Oman extends bid deadline for package two of Batinah Expressway ‐ New deadline for
retendered contract is 21 October
- Oman revives regional airport projects ‐ Oman Transport Ministry tenders passenger terminals
at Sohar and Ras Al‐Hadd.
- Oman and Iran approve $60bn gas supply deal ‐ Oman and Iran have signed a 25‐year deal for
the Islamic Republic to supply the non‐OPEC GCC state with natural gas, it is said to be the biggest
economic agreement between the two countries. The US$60 billion deal, announced on Sunday and
thought to be the resurrection of initial discussions in 2007 related to such a project between the two
countries, is expected to see Iranian gas flow to Oman via a subsea pipeline. The Iranians have said that
sweet gas from Iran’s Kish island in the Arabian Gulf could be the likely source.