Oil and Gas Market Update for covering entire month of September 2013
- Siemens wins substation contract at Kuwait refineries ‐ Substations will supply high‐voltage power to contractors on Clean Fuels Project.
- Kuwait, S. Korea discuss oil refinery, future projects.
- Kuwait discussing procurement for Al‐Khiran utilities project.
- Kuwait Energy makes 21st discovery in Egypt ‐ Kuwait Energy has announced an oil discovery at its El Salmiya‐2 well, located in its Abu Sennan concession in the Western Desert, Egypt. This is the sixth exploration success in the Abu Sennan concession and the twenty first discovery in Egypt for Kuwait Energy since 2008. The El Salmiya‐2 well encountered oil in Kharita Formation and initial tests showed a production flow rate of 3,530 barrels of oil per day (bopd).
- Kuwait crude exports to China doubles ‐ Shipments reaches 1.09m tonnes, government data show.