Updates from July, 2013
• Oman prepares to tender first phase of Muscat-Sohar fuel pipeline – Contract covers pipeline linking Muscat International airport with Orpic’s Mina al-Fahal refinery
• Orpic prepares to float design tender on Liwa Plastics project – Sohar cracker complex set to be largest ever petrochemicals scheme in Oman.
• Topaz Oil and Gas acquired by UK’s Interserve – Oman’s Renaissance sold stake for $46m.
• Ipic set to appoint adviser for Duqm refinery – France’s Credit Agricole favourite to win $6bn Duqm refinery mandate.
• Orpic to launch expansion financing in late August – Oman refiner to decide whether to include additional $1bn debt refinancing as part of deal.
• Oman to appoint advisers for Suwaiq power deal – Consultancy firms pitching to advise on 3,000MW power project.
• DNO expands Middle East operations – Norwegian energy firm awarded block in Yemen.
• Bid deadline extended on Salalah port rehabilitation – Contract covers consultancy services for upgrade of general cargo terminal.